Google+ Followers

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Marion’s encounter with her Little Prince


Marion’s encounter with her Little Prince

Marion arrives to the seaside. It's very windy and it's getting dark. The beach is almost empty. She walks towards the shore and sits on the sand staring at the angry sea. Playing with the sand in her hands, suddenly a stranger comes towards her and he looks at her.
Stranger: “Hello.”
Marion: “Hello.”
"Who are you?" asked the stranger, and added, "You are very pretty to look at."
"I am Marion."
"Come and talk with me," proposed the stranger. "I am so unhappy."
“I’m sorry but I can’t..... I don’t know how to talk to people anymore.”
“Why?”
“I somehow lost the desire for people..... Their words seem to be so distant to me.”
“I can teach you if you want to. First you have to learn how to listen... Look at the place behind my eyes, where all the colours grow and blind me with pleasures and pains. If you are able to find it, you will know how to listen to me, then how to talk to me.”  
Marion was speechless, staring at his eyes, trying very hard to truly listen to him.
“When I was a little boy, my best friends were a grumpy goblin, a peculiar nymph and a flying elf. We were together every day, inseparable. Playing, inventing, dreaming and enjoying every single day. But when I started to grow up, I got fed up with my goblin. I seemed not be able to see anymore how often he could make me laugh sometimes. Then I met Eva and I thought she was much more beautiful than my nymph so I abandoned her and melted her candy floss heart. When flying elf saw how much pain I caused, she left me. At first I thought I was better off without them. But then I got so lonely and empty. I’ve been looking for them everywhere, begging for forgiveness... ”
Marion was so sad because she could feel his pain. She held his hands and asked: “Did they ever come back?”
“No. I forgot how to imagine them when I grew up. Therefore I can’t meet them again. Don’t ever stop imagining..........” he said and kissed her goodbye.
She was looking at him leaving, wishing he could stay and talk to her. She loved the sound of his voice.
Marion is sitting on the train, pressing her nose against the window- pane looking at the sky. Suddenly there's an old man in front of her window train knocking. She's a little scared at first but then she opens the window and before she manages to say anything the old man says: “Only the children press their noses against the window- panes.”


No comments: