Google+ Followers

Thursday, November 8, 2012

My lovely ghosts (continuing)



The story how Georgie and Leonie met or the power of worry dolls

Georgie first met Leonie in the parking lot. It was a few days after her grandmother died.
‘Hello. My name is George.’
‘Can I call you Georgie? I like it better’ asked him Leonie with sad face. Despite the rain, Georgie could see that she’s been crying.
‘Yes, of course you can. What’s your name?’
‘Leonie.’
There was a silence after this rather short conversation. Neither an awkward, nor unpleasant one but the silence full of piece and magical understanding. Leonie looked at him with tearful eyes and said: ‘You know, Georgie, I hurt.’
‘That’s ok. I hurt too. Hold my hand.’
What Georgie said was exactly what Leonie needed to hear.
And this is the story how they met. The same night Georgie gave Leonie the worry dolls, probably the only thing that made Leonie wake up every morning.
Georgie said: ’According to Guatemalan legend, when you have a problem, you tell it to the worry doll. Then you put it under the pillow. Next morning the problem disappears and you can smile again...’



No comments: