Google+ Followers

Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Golden Trilogy of Alice and Henry


The Golden Trilogy of Alice and Henry

Platinum
Henry and Alice meet in a club.
Henry: ‘I’m so happy you’re here tonight. I was about to talk to you and then you disappeared and I felt like my heart had sunk but it was mad at me at the same time. Instead of just talking to you, I kept staring at you and I imagined all of the beautiful things I only wish that I could do with you.’
Alice: ‘I’m sorry but I am not going to sleep with you. Go away!’ 
Henry: ‘I can’t! I want you to live with me. I would do anything....’
‘Anything? You shouldn’t say this. I want too much and I can carry so little.’
Henry: ‘I’d help you carry it. You know, I just feel like you were always there with me.’
‘You are so weird.’ She said but she was really amused.
Henry: ‘You are falling in love with me right now and you know it.’
‘Hahahah, sure.... why would I fall in love with you?’
Henry: ‘Because I can make you happy. You will always feel safe with me and I’ll spoil you. Marry me.’
Alice: ‘No way!’
‘Why not? Tell me one reason why not.’ He was staring at her so intensely and she was speechless.
Alice: ‘I want to live in a cave, near the sea with black and white cat and with my Chanel lipstick and.... I’m serious.’
‘Of course you are. I think it all sounds beautiful.’ He was smiling all the time.
Alice: ‘But I’m too complicated and I change my mind so often and I’m vegetarian not because I care for animals but simply because I don’t like the taste of meat. Isn’t it horrible?’
Henry: ‘I don’t care. Marry me.’
‘But what if I didn’t give you anything back? I can barely take care of myself.’
Henry:  ‘I don’t want anything back. I just want you.’
Alice: ‘Why do people fall in love only if there’s a chair between them?’
‘Because they don’t know how to love without the possibility of sitting down.’
Mercury
Alice is sitting at the table with her head on it. Henry is sitting in front of her, looking at her.
Henry: We have to let go Alice. It does not make any sense. I can't do this anymore.
Alice: Why are there no vegetables growing in the sea? I wish there were some carrots. Maybe then the sea animals would become vegetarians like sharks for instance so no one would have to be afraid of the sharks anymore.
Henry smiles gently. ‘I will miss this so much!’
Alice: Miss what?
Henry: I will miss you being you!
Alice: Well, isn't it so funny? We will miss many things about each other.... little details that we adore or hate. We will hurt a lot. But still, we are going to break up. People are so strange. Maybe we deliberately choose to be unhappy.
Henry: Alice, this was your idea. You wanted it.
Alice looks at him for a first time. ‘I thought you would fight. I thought you would protest and show me how much you care... how much you really want to be with me. But you are just another Franz.’
Henry: Franz who?
Alice: It's a character from a book. There is this part where a wife of Franz smiles and says: 'Love is a battle and I plan to go on fighting till the end.' And Franz replies:' Love is a battle? Well I don't feel at all like fighting.' And he left.
Henry: And I assume you consider yourself being Franz's wife and of course I must be a disappointing and weak Franz. But what if it's the other way round, Alice? Did you give it a thought?
Alice: Maybe you're right. Maybe we both have become Fran, tired and lazy to fight.
Henry: Alice....
Alice: That's fine. Things happen sometimes for a reason and sometimes well for no reason at all. I don't really like reasons. They are only other kinds of excuses. I have to go.
She leaves.
Gold
Alice: Do you remember what you've told me before you left to Paris?
Henry: I remember every single word.
Alice: So do I. You said: 'I'll be back for your look, to harvest the fruit I sowed. I'll be back sometime for the words I said to you....
Henry:...I'll bring a thousand adventures with me, and I will still be who I was yesterday. And I will hold your hand tightly so as not loose you.'
Alice: It’s too late. I’ve been waiting for you for so long. Why now? It’s not the right time...
Henry: There’s no such a thing as a right time, Alice. I always felt like I didn’t know where are you running all the time but when I was on the plane to get here, there was a guy sitting next to me and he lent me a book called The Portrait of Shunkin. The plot is about a blind famous female musician and her student who's in love with her. He does everything for her but she treats him awfully and she's extremely cruel. Throughout his life he always stood by her side however she always despised his love until he pierced his eyes and got blind too. After this she told him: Finally you can love and see me the way I am and she loved him back.
Alice: I don’t see how...
Henry: When I heard this story I finally understood what you meant when you said you don’t want me to be another Franz. When we met I promised you that I will love you without the possibility of sitting down. But I guess at some point I got tired and I had to rest...
Alice: People are allowed to rest.
Henry: Would you still want to be with me if I had to rest sometime?
He looks at her and she smiles.


No comments: